That was more than 100 years before the first modern computer was invented.
With the average U.S. resident spending 6.5 hours per day on digital devices outside of work according to a recent Tech Timeout/Harris survey, what would he say now?
Perhaps the exact same thing.
With that in mind, here are 10 Tech Timeout ideas for digital-free autumn fun this year.
- Go for a ride in a hot-air balloon
- Learn how to build a campfire and roast marshmallows
- Make a homemade card for your grandparents or parents
- Volunteer in your local community
- Fly a kite
- Go to an apple orchard and pick apples
- Watch geese flying south for the winter with your family
- Learn how to make a family favorite recipe
- Make a family tree
- Go for a hayride and take in the changing colors of the leaves