- Download f.lux at https://justgetflux.com/ f.lux is a free software program that adjusts the color of your computer’s display to the time of day; warm at night and like sunlight during the day. This means your circadian rhythm has less chance of being disrupted by the light on your device.
- Set a technology curfew for you and your family.
- Text less (a study indicates that texting can increase your risk of sleeplessness) (2012 Cool, Sleep Texting may be the newest sleep disorder)
- Use yellow-based lighting in the evening that can be dimmed and switched off completely by 10:30PM.
- Turn off your mobile phone (or if you need it for emergencies put it in another room so you can hear it if it rings several times but you won’t hear the notification “ding”.)